Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Nanny Bans Glass

Nanny Bans Glass
Full marks to Nanny's chums in Kingston Council, who have banned the use of glass outside of pubs.

Yes I am being sarcastic!

Eva and I were paying an evening visit recently to one of the waterside hostelries there, whose barmaid asked me if I was intending to drink outside or inside.

I said outside.

She advised me that I would have to have a plastic cup for my beer, as the council were worried about yob behaviour.

I noted that a yob was just as likely to do damage inside as well as outside with glass, and she agreed.

Rather ironically Eva's wine was served in a glass. I asked about this, and was told that they had run out of plastic wine glasses.

I noted that this rather made a mockery of the rules, a point that was fully agreed with.

Next week Nanny will be banning knives, forks and plates.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:50 AM

    I can sympathise with the ban in certain locations. In my student days in Swansea I can remember a certain nightclub where the dance floor always ended up littered with glass bottles, some of which inevitably ended up broken. So by the end of the night hundreds of people were dancing on a floor of razor sharp broken glass.

    I wonder if this ban does infact include bottles of drink. Apparantly women like them because it is much more difficult to slip a drug into a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:23 PM

    why ban? if the nightclub in question is stupid enough to supply glass, and the customers are stupid enough to dance on broken glass, then let them get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Dear anonymous (5.02am)

    You got the definition of yob right although I can tell you are american by your simplistic assumption that the police are there to harass criminals. In this country the police divide their time between persecuting the law abiding, attending "diversity" courses (whatever they are) and defending the human rights of yobs who cause trouble. As you can see, their days are full enough without actually tackling crime and criminals. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:33 PM

    Mark, you are bang on target with your assessment of our current crop of 'wonderful' policemen. To be fair, there are still some fantastic policemen who, despite all the crap that Nanny produces, do a really great job. However, there are far too many, especially among the top brass, who do not live in the real world, are obsessed with political correctness, and are more concerned with their own political agenda, pursuing their own careers and boosting their salaries than 'wasting time' on real police work: they wouldn't recognise a criminal if they caught one in the act.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:37 PM

    i have been asked this in my local and
    its not a place where there is any trouble only once and now they dont bother. More management bolloxs i presume that got forgotten.

    ReplyDelete