Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Nanny Bans High Five Again

In July I wrote the following:
"My sympathies to Roger Green, a lollipop man who works outside Sandy Lane Primary School in Bracknell, who has been banned by Nanny's chums from Bracknell Forest Borough Council from "high-fiving" the kids as they cross the road.

For why?

Health and safety!
"
I am sad to see that another lollipop man, Bob Slade, from Beacon Park, who helped children from Manadon Vale Primary School has also been threatened with suspension for the very same "offence".

Mr Slader has decided though not to be suspended, but has instead resigned. He is quoted by the Plymouth Herald:
I really enjoyed the job.

I have been doing it for more than four years without a single accident.

When I got the job they told me to make contact with the kids and be friendly.

But then they changed their minds and I stopped high-fiving them earlier in the year because they told me to stop.

They also said I was going out into the road without looking properly.

They said they would suspend me for four weeks but I said I would rather leave - I was going to retire soon anyway.

I appreciate the support of the parents but I won’t be going back again, this is the end of it now.”
Whilst the council seek a replacement, there is currently no lollipop presence on the school crossing!


Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:15 PM

    It's not 'high fives' the council need - it's a bunch of 'em

    petty, stupid, intefering, bureacratic madness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonk.7:14 PM

    I suspect that local authorities are full of inadequate individuals who were “Billy no mates” at school and now have a need to throw their weight around with the perceived power they have whilst working for Nanny.
    These no bodies, who love to call themselves officers and take leave rather than holiday, appear to hate to see people having fun or getting on together…This must be the case, because there can be no other, credible explanation as to why these Muppets come out with such daft diktats.
    Question to the “Officer” who made this decision; What harm was being done and who exactly had their health or safety put at risk by the actions of the lollipop man or the children?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord of Atlantis11:09 AM

    I am not a violent man, but I agree with you, Anonymous, that these jobsworths need a good slap!
    Tonk: Judging by their behaviour, these jerks were probably bullies at school who chose careers in local government to enable them to carry on bullying people, and to be paid for it!

    "Whilst the council seek a replacement, there is currently no lollipop presence on the school crossing!"

    Yet another example of elf'n'safety fascism resulting in the law of unintended consequences: thanks to the actions of these jobsworths, it is now considerably LESS safe for the children to cross the road outside the school!

    ReplyDelete